Friday, May 1, 2015

PURE Color With Kara

Hi, it's Kara. I love color and so often use it as a starting point for my projects. The PURE COLOR Dye Ink collections have some of the most beautiful colors and I love working with them. The fact that they now come in Spray Mist just makes me so happy! Have you tried them yet? I just tried a fun experiment with the spray mists and salt and it came out awesome!

Anyway, back to the reason I'm here today ;) I love mixing and matching the WPlus9 dye ink colors to create beautiful and sometimes unexpected color combinations and I thought I'd share some of my favorites with you from time to time. Today's project uses a combination of Wild Mango, Little Piggy, Mojito, and Fairy Dust. I tend to use three colors and one neutral.

I started with a panel of white cardstock. I stamped these beautiful flowers from Embroidered Bouquet in Fairy Dust.  This stamp set includes individual flower and leaf stamps and I used them to stamp over select portions of the image with Little Piggy, Wild Mango, and Mojito. Now comes the fun part. I ran my panel through my die cutting machine several times to achieve this double partial die cutting with die cut inlay! That's a mouthful. It took a little planning and some trial and error to execute, but it was a lot of fun. The end result remains clean and simple.

Below you can see all of the dies I used starting with the large rounded stitched rectangle from Love Mom Layers. After that was cut, I was able to center the small rounded rectangle, from Love Showers Layers, in the center and attach it with some post it tape. I carefully positioned it on my die cutting plate so that the bottom cutting line was off of the plate and therefore would not cut. Next, I positioned the Seasonal Sentiments love die cut on the panel so that the 'l' and the 'e' touched the uncut line but the 'o' and the 'v' were above it {the way it is shown in the photo below}. Again, I  positioned my project on my die cutting plate so that the bottom of the 'l' and 'e' were off of the plate and would not cut as I ran it through my machine.  I had to do a little cutting along the bottom with a craft knife, being careful not to cut the bottom of the letters, so that I could now remove the small rectangle and leave only the letters in the window.

One more cut to go. I positioned the 'you' die, from Hand Lettered Thanks, on top of the 'love' and ran it through my machine one last time. I carefully removed the 'you' and replaced it with another die cut I had colored with Fairy Dust ink using a sponge dauber. The whole piece is popped up on a white card base that had been stamped with the same floral images that match up to the top panel.

Thanks so much for coming by! Stop by my blog today for more inspiration using the same PURE Color Combination and stamp set! I'd love to know some of your favorite WPlus9 PURE Color Combinations.

Supplies

22 comments:

  1. Wow! What an awesome idea! So clever! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "double partial die cutting with die cut inlay" - not just a mouthful! I got dizzy just thinking about the number of times you must have run the panel through the die-cut machine!! Wow! Superb card, Kara!!
    hugs Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your double die cut is really amazing.
    thanks so much for sharing.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card and technique wins!! I love how clever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card, Kara! I am in awe of your beautiful design and soft colors! ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. This die cut masterpiece is truly amazing. Even though you explained it so well, I would love to see a video demo. I really want to know how this works and to watch you would be so very helpful as not sure I "got it". You are so creative. Thanks for all you share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leave it to Kara to do something so amazing clever! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, Kara! Great colours and great die-cutting! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous..super idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I've never seen anything like it! :) Great color choices by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so amazing! Love the inlaid die cutting and the colors used!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the softly colored, delicate flowers! And your die cutting is amazing! What a brilliant idea--how do you come up with such wonderful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! LOVE this clever card:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Clever and very creative! A terrific design that got my attention right away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow,Kara! Love the die in a die and your beautifuly stamped card.....sooooo pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing!! I love all the die cutting on this card. The soft colors are just fabulous. Stunning card!!

    ReplyDelete

Connect with us:

Follow Us on Pinterest